The last Sambar of the year is here…Stay tuned for updates in the menu!
Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Time: 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Location: Red Herring Restaurant at the Basement of the Channing Murray Foundation Building 1209 W Oregon street, Urbana, IL (south east corner of Matthews and Oregon)
All proceeds go towards the education of underprivileged children in India.
PS: We can only accept cash and checks at this point.
Idli – $3.00
– Steamed rice & lentil cake. Served with sambar & chutney.
Pav Bhaji– $4.00
– The heart and soul of Indian street food: Mashed vegetables cooked in a tomato gravy. Served with toasted bread
Rice combo – $5.00
– A combo of three traditional rice dishes: tamarind rice, coconut rice and curd rice
Gobi Manchurian – $6.00
– Vegetable fritters with peppers and onions tossed in a tangy, palate pleasing sauce. Served with noodles.
Aloo Achari – $3.00
Papdi Chat– $3.00
– A melange of flour crisps, spiced potatoes and onions topped with tangy chutneys and chilled spiced yogurt.
Bhel Puri -$3.00
– Rice crispies, chopped tomatoes, onions, potatoes and tangy chaat masala
Pani Puri – $3.00
Desserts and Beverages:
Mango Milkshake – $2.00
– Our all-time best selling drink!
Gulab Jamun – $2.00
Sweet Lassi (Creamy yogurt shake) – $2.00
Chaas (Indian buttermilk): $1.00