Warm up with piping hot masala dosas & steaming pongal at the last sambar of the semester on Wednesday Nov 18th!
Date: Wednesday November 18th, 2009
Time: 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Location: Red Herring Restaurant at the Basement of the Channing Murray Foundation Building (south east corner of Matthews and Oregon)-1209 W Oregon street, Urbana, IL
We are extremely thankful for your loyal support over the Fall semester. Show your love for Asha-UC and undying support to the cause by purchasing a one-of-a-kind orange & blue Asha T-shirt at Sambar for only $12 !
All proceeds go toward the education of underpriviledged children in India. So bring your friends! Nowhere else in Chambana can you eat scrumptuous Indian food and do a good deed at the same time!
Plain Dosas – $4.00
– Crisp crepes made from fermented batter of rice and lentil flour, served with coconut chutney and Sambar (a spicy lentil and vegetable soup). For any South Indian, the world isn’t an illusion, it’s simply made of dosas!
Masala Dosa- $6.00
– Crepe stuffed with seasoned potatoes and onions.
Papdi chat- $3.00
– A melange of flour crisps, boiled potatoes and onions topped with tangy chutney and chilled yogurt.
Bhel puri -$3.00
– A melange of rice crispies, chopped tomatoes, onions, potatoes and tangy chaat masala.
-A rice-lentil dish studded with fresh ground pepper and cumin, served with sambar & chutney. Classic South Indian breakfast.
Thaali - $ 7.00
– A combo meal with Jeera (Cumin) Rice, Chhole, Vegetable Kurma & Pickle
Chhole – Chickpeas cooked in spices with onion, ginger & garlic
Vegetable Kurma-Assortment of fresh vegetables cooked in mild coc0nut based curry
Pickle – Spicy accompaniment that makes everything taste better
Mango Milkshake – $2.00
– Our all-time best selling drink!
Gaajar ka Halwa – $3.00
– A deliciously rich carrot dessert loaded with nuts and served warm.