Dont miss the last sambar of the semester! Welcome Spring with piping hot masala dosas & a refreshingly cool mango milkshake. Come Eat to Educate & bring your friends!
Date: Wednesday, March 17th, 2010
Time: 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Location: Red Herring Restaurant at the Basement of the Channing Murray Foundation Building (south east corner of Matthews and Oregon)-1209 W Oregon street, Urbana, IL
All proceeds go toward the education of underpriviledged children in India. So bring your friends!
** We are extremely thankful for your continued support. Please mark your calenders for Asha’s Spring fundraiser, Vasant Bahar. It is a showcase of the cultural and culinary diversity of India scheduled to take place on April 3rd at Wesley Foundation’s Great Hall. We look forward to seeing you there…
Plain Dosas – $4.00
- Crisp crepes made from fermented batter of rice and lentil, served with coconut chutney and Sambar (a spicy lentil and vegetable soup). For any South Indian, the world isn’t an illusion, it’s simply made of dosas!
Masala Dosa- $6.00
- Crepe stuffed with seasoned potatoes and onions.
Papdi chat- $3.00
- Street delicacy: A melange of flour crisps, spiced potatoes and onions topped with tangy chutneys and chilled spiced yogurt.
Bhel puri -$3.00
-Quintessential street food of Mumbai: A melange of rice crispies, chopped tomatoes, onions, potatoes and tangy chaat masala
Bisibelabath – $4.00
- Rice cooked with lentils, vegetables and fresh ground spices, fragrant and soulful, this is comfort food at its best! (Served with papad).
Thaali - $ 7.00
- A combo meal with Rice, Avial, Potato fry & Raita
Avial- A specialty of Kerala, an elaborate coconut based curry with an assortment of vegetables
Potato fry-Spicy potatoes, pan-fried to a crisp in South Indian style
Raita – Yoghurt condiment seasoned with cumin
Mango Milkshake – $2.00
- Our all-time best selling drink!
Gaajar ka Halwa – $3.00
- A deliciously rich carrot dessert topped with cashewnuts and served warm.