Sambar is back! After a bit of a break, we are ready to wet your appetite with delicious hot dosas again, and with the changing weather, you can’t deny you find the thought of a steaming hot dosa very appealing. And of course, all proceeds go to the education of underprivileged children in India.
So to recap: delicious hot dosas ( the only place on campus! ) + chaats and lasssi on the side = contributing to a good cause + a very good dinner. Good deal, don’t you think?
So bring your friends/parents/grandparents/cousins/professors/piano teachers….anyone and everyone is welcome! Lets share our love for South Indian food.
Location: Red Herring Restaurant at the Basement of the Channing Murray Foundation Building (south east corner of Matthews and Oregon)
Date: Wednesday October 14th, 2009
Time: 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Sponsored by the Tamil Community of C-U
All proceeds go toward the education of underprivileged children in India. Nowhere else in Chambana can you eat scrumptious Indian food and do a good deed at the same time!
Plain Dosas – $4.00
- Crisp crepes made from fermented batter of rice and lentil flour, served with coconut chutney and Sambar (a spicy lentil and vegetable soup). For any South Indian, the world isn’t an illusion, it’s simply made of dosas!
Masala Dosa- $6.00
- Crepe stuffed with seasoned potatoes and onions.
Papdi chat $3.00
- A melange of flour crisps, boiled potatoes and onions topped with tangy chutney and chilled yogurt.
Bhel puri $3.00
- A melange of rice crispies, chopped tomatoes, onions, potatoes and tangy chaat masala.
Idli- $3.00 (2 count)
- Steamed rice & lentil cake. Served with sambar & chutney.
Vada- $3.00 (2 count)
-Deep fried lentil donuts. Served with sambar & chutney
2 idlis & 1 vada served with sambar & chutney
Vegetable Biryani- $4.00
Basmati rice cooked with vegetables, aromatic spices, onions & tomatoes. Served with raita (yoghurt condiment)
- A combo meal with white rice, kootu, potato-peas fry, papad
Kootu– Dal cooked with a concoction of classic South Indian spices- freshly ground jeera, pepper & coconut
Potato-peas fry – Spiced potatoes & green peas sauteed with onions
Papad – A crunchy thin wafer, served as an accompaniment.
Mango milkshake- $2.00
-Needs no introduction. Its our best selling drink!
Pineapple Kesari (Sooji Halwa)-$3.00
-Sweet, buttery, semolina pudding. Topped with cashewnuts
Mark your calendars!!